Life with kids in Sydney City
Pack the picnic rug, some scrumptious picnic food and head to one of our favourite picnic spots this springtime!
We love a good picnic! The thought of packing a picnic basket with a variety of cheeses, Lavosh crackers and crisp white wine makes us pretty excited. And for Mr 5 we have a tradition of packing fairy bread along with fruit and sandwiches. But mostly - it's all about the cheese. I spent over an hour perusing the cheese selection for our last picnic (it's a tough decision!)
With the weather warming up we've decided to share our top 5 favourite Sydney City picnic spots. Fingers crossed the weather is amazing this weekend (you can never really tell with Sydney weather).
1. Royal Botanic Gardens. There are so many spots for picnics in the Royal Botanic Gardens. Mrs Macquarie's Chair is always a hit with Mr 5!
2. Waterfront Picnic Playground, Pyrmont - a beautiful harbourside park with play equipment for the younger kids. Bring a bat and ball for the older kids (and adults) to enjoy a game of cricket!
3. Turruwul Park playground is the ideal place to take the little ones and have a bbq. BONUS: Black Star is a 3 minute walk away for delicious treats & coffee.
4. Pirrama Park is one of our favourites because of the gorgeous harbour view. Take the scooter and remember the bathers in warm weather to enjoy the water play area!
5. Observatory Hill is a perfect inner city park. Gorgeous views (are you sensing a trend with our fave spots?), tennis court, exercise station & public artwork.